Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Curriculum Video Reflection

I decided to expand my animoto video for this project because it was a topic that I was going to be teaching soon. I gave all of the pictures frames and text using picnik. I added music from freemusic.com and I added more text using powerpoint. I realize that my video isn't the most exciting of videos (at least that's what my girls say), but I was amazed at how it kept the interest of my students. I guess that just goes to show the impact that technology (even boring technology) can have on learning. I used this video as an introduction to our Polygon lesson. I had a few technical difficulties at first, but I was able to get around them and share what I had learned to do with my class. I don't know if they were really impressed with the video or with the fact that I was able to make something like that. I have talked with my class before about the fact that I was taking classes also, so it was fun to show them what I was learning.

The main thing that I disliked about making this movie was the amount of time it took to create a 6 minute video. I realize that the more I do this the easier it will become. I am hoping to continue to look ahead in our curriculum and attempt to make a couple more videos before the year is over. I liked using animoto more than imovie but I realize that there are limitations to that program.

Overall, I feel like this was a very positive opportunity. I loved that it related to what I was teaching and that I was able to use it in class. I hope that I can keep on using the skills that I have learned in this class in increase the amount of technology that I use. Hopefully, as soon as I learn what my teaching assignment will be for next year, I will be able to get things put together that I can incorporate right at the beginning of the year next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment